We are delighted to report the recent start-up of a complete Dücker materials handling solution at a greenfield plant recently completed by our customer, Grupasa in Ecuador.
Grupasa is part of the Grupo Papalese company, which employs more than 350 people and produces a wide range of standard and micro-flute corrugated packaging. It is one of the leading integrated companies in Ecuador and the group was founded in 1970.
Most recently, the Group built a greenfield plant, with state-of-the-art equipment, including a corrugator from BHS Corrugated and a high speed Bobst 1228 NT RS Flexo Folder Gluer. We were delighted to be chosen as the supplier of the complete materials handling system for this new facility in in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Our supply solution included:
- Fully automatic WIP System with Stabiltrack®-Conveyors and Transfer Cars;
- Corrugator discharging area, leading to the WIP;
- Supply lines to the converting machinery;
- Fully automatic Finished Goods System with Transfer Car and Pallet Inserter;
- Pre-feeder and Palletizer from Dücker Robotics
But for us, the biggest challenge was completing the project on time and within budget, because we had to deliver around half of the solution during the COVID-19 lock-down period. It was a true collaboration between Dücker and the customer.
Grupasa’s Founder and President is extremely happy and satisfied with the project; so much so, further investments will follow in the near future.