• LANGUAGES

Company

History

History

1850
Hit the iron

The blacksmith’s and locksmith’s shop Friedrich Dücker was established in Hitdorf on the river Rhine – a small river port between Cologne and Düsseldorf.


1971
But with the right know-how

The engineering company Friedrich and Peter Dücker made use of their contacts to the corrugated board and machine manufacturers within the corrugated board industry. The professional know-how of the father’s locksmith’s shop paved the way to the newly developed transport systems.


1981
Continuous expansion

Due to growing markets a second production hall was built, and another was rented.


1988
The current site

Modern forward-looking premises were built in Langenfeld.


1992
Production site in Langenfeld

A new modern shop floor in Langenfeld can be used already.


1995
Recognising the sign of the time

By establishing a software branch, synergies are used and competencies are developed early. Automatic transport - made by DÜCKER


1998
New production hall

Our company is provided with another manufacturing hall as well as office spaces, thus expanding production capacities to 7,000 sqm.


1999
Sought and found

The acquisition of the majority of CORRPAL was to the company’s advantage as they are a strong partner in separators and palletizers. Together sales structures are optimised.


2001
More space for development

The new construction of an office building with 2,000 sqm for the expanding software branch confirms the decision to focus on our own software company.


2006
How small the world has become

We accept the challenge of globalisation and set up a co-operation with RINGWOOD in Chicago. Production, service, sales and after sales within the company opens the doors wide to the North American market.


2009
Laser-controlled accuracy

In 2009, the cut of sheet-metal parts is moved to the next technological level. At this facility, steel plates are cut by the latest laser technology and are formed to the requested shape by mechanical folding machines.


2010
Continuous expansion

Another 2,300 sqm of production surface are added in 2010 at Herzogstrasse 10 in Langenfeld.


2012
A new location in the new world

In March 2012, Dücker Ringwood Automation LLC. is established in Illinois (USA). The site is managed by Ronald Schuszler, an employee of many years.


2013
Further growth

DÜCKER ROBOTICS is set up in Oleggio, Italy. The production of palletisers and prefeeders with robots as well as other solutions with robot technique belongs to our portfolio.


2014
New production hall

Construction of a new production hall with 18,000 sqm at Herzogstrasse 20 in Langenfeld.


2016
A gateway to Asia

By establishing the joint venture with BHS Dücker Systems Ltd. in China, we have expanded our mainstay in Asia. Local production capacities permit production close to the customer, also for corrugated board factories in the Far East.


2017
New production capacities for switch cabinet construction

By acquiring the manufacturing facility on Herzogstrasse 23 in Langenfeld with additional 600 sqm for switch cabinet construction we are continuing our course for expansion.


2017
And in future as well

History is incentive and commitment for us at the same time. We will continue to further strengthen our position on the market. World-wide co-operations permit our company to participate in the progressing globalisation.


Production location in Hitdorf (1890)

Dücker in 1920

The blacksmith's shop and the locksmith's shop in Hitdorf at the Rhine

Bird's eye view of the production location in Hitdorf (1940)

Production of plastic chain conveyor system (2001)

Dücker today